Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Picture This

Spending this morning playing with photo sharing tools once again has my mind racing in many directions. There are so many LMC applications for these tools, mostly motivational, it's hard to narrow down my ideas.

What I'd like to do when I get home, is to pull out my curriculum map for next year and jot down a few of these tools for each lesson. Then, hopefully I won't forget them.

This was a problem I had last year. As a brand new slms I was learning everything right along with my students. It was exciting, and more than once a little scary. I would pick up a few great ideas at every conference and meeting I attended, through my readings (magazine, book, web articles and blogs), and through my conversations with other slms and classroom teachers.

Remembering all that I've learned, and remembering when and where to apply that knowledge is definitely my 'work in progress'.

Our group conversation about uploading student photos was on point. I've been thinking a lot about it, and while I will leave the Animoto videos on this blog for the class (It's private) I won't use them on a public blog. I will also shoot more creatively when planning another Animoto project for a blog.

No comments: